Alzheimer’s Texas* has a strong history with advocacy and is proud of the work we have been able to accomplish over the last three decades. Highlights include:
- Service on the Texas Council on Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders
- Working with legislators to establish the Texas Alzheimer’s Research and Care Consortium with funding totaling $36M since 2005
- Participation in the writing of the first State Plan on Alzheimer’s Disease
- Active participation on the State Plan Partnership, working to implement the State Plan on Alzheimer’s Disease
- Awareness Day at the State Capitol - Thursday, February 2. Sign up using the form below. Lunch in included!
Additionally, we serve on several groups working to support people touched by Alzheimer’s and related aging issues:
- Aging Services Council of Central Texas
- Texas Alerts Advisory Committee through the Texas Department of Public Safety: Emergency Management Division
- Texas Adult Protective Services Community Coalition
- Texas Disability Task Force on Emergency Management Meeting
- Texas Lifespan Respite Grant though the Area Agencies on Aging
- Texas MOST Coalition
- Texas Respite Coalition though the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
For Federal advocacy work, we partner with UsAgainstAlzheimer's, a relentless force committed to ending Alzheimer's by 2020. Join us in Washington D.C. in the Fall for their annual summit.
Become an advocate for our cause and sign up now!
By signing up, you will receive our monthly e-newsletter and special calls to action. Your information is never shared by us.