Alzheimer’s Texas has a strong history with advocacy and is proud of the work we have been able to accomplish over the last three decades. Highlights include:
- Service on the Texas Council on Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders
- Working with legislators to establish the Texas Alzheimer’s Research and Care Consortium with funding totaling $36M since 2005
- Participation in the writing of the first State Plan on Alzheimer’s Disease
- Active participation on the State Plan Partnership, working to implement the State Plan on Alzheimer’s Disease
- Awareness Day at the State Capitol - Wednesday, April 3. Sign up using the form below. Lunch in included!
Additionally, we serve on several groups working to support people touched by Alzheimer’s and related aging issues:
- Aging Services Council of Central Texas
- Texas Alerts Advisory Committee through the Texas Department of Public Safety: Emergency Management Division
- Texas Adult Protective Services Community Coalition
- Texas Disability Task Force on Emergency Management Meeting
- Texas Lifespan Respite Grant though the Area Agencies on Aging
- Texas MOST Coalition
- Texas Respite Coalition though the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
For Federal advocacy work, we partner with UsAgainstAlzheimer's, a relentless force committed to ending Alzheimer's by 2020. Join us in Washington D.C. in the Fall for their annual summit.