Caregiver Conversation topic: Cultivating Joy and Resilience During the Holidays- Tips for Caregivers
The University of Texas Professor and clinical social worker, Joan Asseff, LCSW-S, will facilitate each Caregiver Conversations meeting, including relevant discussion questions to help attendees share experiences, barriers, strategies, and much more. Please register below for these supportive, solution-focused conversations about caring for their loved ones living with dementia. Registration space is limited, so register today for our next session on Thursday, December 8th, at 11:00 AM.
This year, we invite you to join us on November 29 for the worldwide giving movement called GivingTuesday. GivingTuesday is an annual global day of giving that takes place the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. This special day inspires people across more than 150 countries to engage, volunteer, or donate to the causes they care about most.
At Alzheimer's Texas, we believe that giving back to the local community helps serve caregivers and family members for those with Alzheimer's Disease and related dementias. Our work relies on the generosity and passion of the people in our community who take action for good by donating and volunteering with us. Save the date for GivingTuesday to support Central Texas nonprofits like ours.
We need your help to give ALZ the boot! We are so excited to be able to hold our Alzheimer's Texas Walks! Our walks are the only Alzheimer's walks fundraisers where 100% of the funds you raise stays in Texas. Join us to raise awareness about Alzheimer's and related disorders, support families currently facing the disease, honor those we have lost.
Form a team, grab a friend, gather your family and walk for fun to help support our caregiver educational programs.
Join us in person to walk! Bring out your family, friends, and loved ones to show support and rally together to fight against Alzheimer's disease!
All About ALZ with Professor Joan Asseff, LCSW-S
Join us for monthly informational meetings led by Professor Joan Asseff, LCSW-S.
View the full "All About ALZ" presentation series on our YouTube channel. Or, explore individual topics from recent meetings below:
- Effectively Coping with Alzheimer's Mood and Behavioral Symptoms: Video and Slides (PDF)
- Living with Pandemic Stress: Tools for Dementia Caregivers: Video and Slides (PDF)
- Transitioning Out of Community-Based Respite Care: When and How: Video and Slides (PDF)
- Navigating a Short-Term Stay in a Skilled Nursing Facility: Key Strategies for Caregivers: Video and Slides (PDF)
- Cultivating Joy and Resilience During the Holidays: Tips for Caregivers: Video and Slides (PDF)
- Advance Care Planning 101: Video and Slides (PDF)
- Coping with Anticipatory Grief: Video and Slides (PDF)
- Selecting the Right Level of Care: Video and Slides (PDF)
- Utilizing Home Health Services: Video and Slides (PDF)
- Deciding When It's Time for Hospice or Palliative Care: Video and Slides (PDF)
- Using Validation and Reminiscence to Support People Living with Dementia: Video and Slides (PDF)
- Practicing Mindfulness - Strategies for Dementia Caregivers: Video and Slides (PDF)
- Talking to Family Members and Friends About a Dementia Diagnosis: Video and Slides (PDF)
- Benefits of Horticultural Therapy for People Living with Dementia: Video and Slides (PDF)
- Benefits of Exercise for People Living with Dementia: Video and Slides (PDF)
If you have questions or would like to be informed about upcoming meeting dates, please contact [email protected].
Thank you for joining us on February 14th, 2022!
Alzheimer's Texas Board of Directors and Event Co-Chairs Laura Beuerlein and Sheri Krause invited the community to the Hidden Heroes Caregiving Awards Luncheon honoring DK Reynolds, Community Caregiver of the Year.
If you want to honor DK and support Texas Alzheimer's, consider making a donation here.