Events, Classes and Conferences
Click on the headings below to expand and view all of our current offerings.
Due to COVID-19 regulations, classes are now virtual offerings
All About ALZ with Professor Joan Asseff, LCSW-S
Join us for monthly informational meetings led by Professor Joan Asseff, LCSW-S.
View slides from recent meetings here:
- Benefits of Exercise for People Living with Dementia (PDF)
- Talking to Family Members and Friends About a Dementia Diagnosis (PDF)
- Benefits of Horticultural Therapy for People Living with Dementia (PDF)
- Deciding When It's Time for Hospice or Palliative Care (PDF)
- Practicing Mindfulness - Strategies for Dementia Caregivers (PDF)
- Selecting the Right Level of Care (PDF)
- Utilizing Home Health Services (PDF)
- Coping with Anticipatory Grief (PDF)
- Advance Care Planning 101 (PDF)
- Cultivating Joy and Resilience During the Holidays: Tips for Caregivers (PDF)
- Navigating a Short-Term Stay in a Skilled Nursing Facility: Key Strategies for Caregivers (PDF)
- Transitioning Out of Community-Based Respite Care: When and How (PDF)
- Effectively Coping with Alzheimer's Mood and Behavioral Symptoms (PDF)
- Living with Pandemic Stress: Tools for Dementia Caregivers (PDF)
If you have questions or would like to be informed about upcoming meeting dates, please contact [email protected].
Request a Speaker
Need a speaker for your organization or group to talk about our services, disease information, caregiving issues and more? Contact us ([email protected]) to get something scheduled. We strive to fill every request, regardless of the topic or location.
Training for Professionals
- Law Enforcement Training - Educates personnel on Alzheimer’s and best practices for interacting with patients. Continuing education credits included at no cost. To request a presentation, contact [email protected]
31st Annual Travis Co. Alzheimer's TX Walk
Join us for the 30th Annual Travis County Walk this Spring:
(Date to be announced)
What's Raised Here, Stays Here! 100% local!!
Alzheimer's Texas Walks are the only Alzheimer's walk fundraisers where 100% of the funds raised stay in Texas.
With your support, we are able to raise awareness about Alzheimer's and related disorders, support families currently facing the disease, and honor those we have lost.
Here's a look back in time at selected past events... Thank you for supporting Alzheimer's Texas mission through the years!
This event has passed. February 14th, 2022 @ noon, Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Alzheimer's Texas Board of Directors and Event Co-Chairs Laura Beuerlein and Sheri Krause invited the community to the Hidden Heroes Caregiving Awards Luncheon honoring DK Reynolds, Community Caregiver of the Year.
If you want to honor DK and support Texas Alzheimer's, consider making a donation here.
Alzheimer's Night at the Dell Diamond
This event has passed.
Each Summer Alzheimer's Texas partners with the Round Rock Express through the Chasco Community Partnership to spread awareness of Alzheimer's disease. At this selected game Alzheimer's Texas will also receive $5 for each infield ticket and $3 for each lawn ticket purchased through our link. Be sure to come early and watch the pre-game interview about Alzheimer's disease and how we help the community! Stop by the Chasco Community Partnership booth by Home Plate to grab information on services and programs.