Saturday, March 3 from 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
Co-hosted by Alzheimer's Texas and Riverbend. Responsible for the care of a family member living with Alzheimer's, dementia, Parkinson's, or any other debilitating disease? Then this event is for you! Whether they're living at home, in a facility, or far away, the journey can be daunting, and the responsibility overwhelming. We're here to help!
There is no fee to attend. Breakfast and lunch provided. Hear from expert speakers and visit with a range of local providers across the care spectrum.
- Leah Cohen, LCSW, ACSW,CCM, CNG,CTXG, ArrangeCare - "Financial Risks"
- Reg Larkin, Counselor and Pastor - "Forgiveness"
- Lynn Wilkinson, Principal Interior Designer, Draco Designs -"Home Modifications & Aging-In-Place"
- Cherie Simpson, Ph.D., APRN, CNS-BC Senior Adult Specialty Healthcare, "Is it Alzheimer’s and Why Does It Matter"
Pre-registration is required this year due to limited space. Click on the Register Now button below, or call (512) 241-0420 x10 or email VCardenas@TXAlz.org.
Held at the Riverbend Church Student Center (4214 N. Capital Of TX Hwy, Austin, TX 78746)
6th Annual Alzheimer’s Symposium in Temple, TX
Friday, April 27, 2017 from 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
Held at the Aging, Disability, and Veterans Resource Center in Belton, TX. Registration opens at 8:30 am, event will begin at 9 am. This year’s presentations include:
- Stephen Catoe, Certified Positive Approach to Care Trainer, Certified Validation Therapy Trainer, and Alzheimer's Texas Educator
- Leah Cohen, LCSW, ACSW,CCM, CNG,CTXGArrangeCare
There is no fee to attend and the event is sure to fill up quickly. Please register by following the link below. Sponsorship opportunities are available by calling Taylor at (512) 241-0420 x12 or emailing TMinks@TXAlz.org.