4th Annual GPS Caregiver Workshop in Austin, TX
Saturday, February 25, 2017 from 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
Riverbend Church and Alzheimer's Texas present an annual workshop for caregivers each spring. If you're responsible for the care of a family member living with Alzheimer's, dementia, Parkinson's, or any other debilitating disease, this event is for you! Whether they're living at home, in a facility, or far away, the journey can be daunting and the responsibility overwhelming. We're here to help.
- Stephen Catoe, Alzheimer's Texas Education Specialist - Effective Communication and Approach with A Person with Dementia
- Mike Gill, Owner of Texas Senior Living Locators - Differences in Long-Term Care Facilities
- Kristin McNeel, LMSW, Kindred Hospice - Unraveling Home Health and Hospice
- Ron Greening, Elder Law Attorney - Planning and Legal Documents
There is no fee to attend and the event is sure to fill up quickly. Please register by following the link below. Sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting Sharron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5th Annual Alzheimer’s Symposium in Temple, TX
Friday, April 28, 2017 from 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
Held at the Mayborn Convention Center in Temple, TX. Registration opens at 8:30 am, event will begin at 9 am. This year’s presentations include:
- Dr. Dewayne Nash, retired physician, speaking about Clinical Trials
- Roxanna Johnson, Ph.D., Gerontologist and Dementia Specialist - Practical Care: Creative Strategies for Bathing
- Rick Rutherford will share lessons learned through is personal journey caring for his mother and father.
- Christopher Johnson, Ph.D., Clinical Professor of Sociology, Texas State - End of Life: Spiritual and Social Connections
There is no fee to attend and the event is sure to fill up quickly. Please register by following the link below. Sponsorship opportunities are available by calling Rachael at (512) 241-0420 x12 or emailing RSmith@TXAlz.org.